[TenTec] eham centurion 0 review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] eham centurion 0 review
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 04:30:16 -0700 (PDT)
I find the eham reviews one of many valuable sources
of information when making a purchase decision.  Many
hams take the time and try to share their experience
with a piece of gear, from a balanced perspective.  It
is not difficult to  use your discrimination and weed
out the praisers and bashers, and just consider the
reviews written thoughtfully.  If I find a large
number of reviewers speaking of the same problem or
quality issues, I take notice.  Some reviewers have
obviously high levels of technical savvy, and I
appreciate hearing from them as well.  QST reviews are
good for the numbers, but seldom does the QST reviewer
have all that much operating experience with the
equipment.  Also, the QST review is usually based
merely on a sample of one.  And what about problems
that may regularly crop up with a specific rig after 3
months of use, for example?

The power of the Internet is that the user community
can instantly share information with each other, and I
find this extraordinarily valuable.

73,

Barry N1EU
eham.net reviewer of Centurion, Omni VI+, 544, Corsair