[TenTec] What's with the 526 (6N2)?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] What's with the 526 (6N2)?
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (rohre)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:09:38 -0500
I see the 526 as a SSB VHF rig, or CW, and not an FM rig, where the 99
memories might mean something.  Personally, it is just right or even a bit
more busy with controls than I like, after all, to me, the best feature of
the Scout I have is the plug in bands!  I like 'em simple.  My Atlas 110 has
only 5 knobs, and one switch.   I like a radio without keypad, but if I want
keypads, there is Yaecomwood for that.  (I do have a little used KW 450).
The 526 looks like a radio.  pure and simple.
73,
Stuart K5KVH