[TenTec] USB -> RS232

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] USB -> RS232
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:22:49 -0400
Has anyone had any luck using a USB -> RS232 converter to control a =
Pegasus? I've tried both the TT software and N4PY and they refuse to =
establish communications with the Pegasus. If I reconfigure them to use =
a 'real' COM port, all works FB.

I've tried connecting the USB -> RS232 converter both to the USB port on =
the computer directly and through an externally powered 4 port hub.

The particular converter is a GoldX GXUSB-1200 and I've tried two =
different units with the same results.

I also tried hooking up my Rascal computer -> PTT interface to see if =
the GoldX converters could control that and that does seem to work. They =
can control PTT using either RTS or DTR lines.

Mark

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---