[TenTec] maintenance on 238 roller?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] maintenance on 238 roller?
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 16:46:17 -0700
I just got a 238 tuner.  Had to do the dial string (naturally) and
replace every pilot lamp, they were all blown.  Odd.  All working fine,
though.  I went inside to touch up the switches with a tiny shot of
DeOxit and noticed the roller pretty clean and shiny other than a little
bit of tarnish.  Is there any standard maintenance anyone recommends on
the roller?  I have shot DeOxit on some old tuner rollers that were not
in good shape (as a last resort) but I don't want to gum this one up.
Suggestions?

The other question, I use DeOxit DN5, and I understand that most service
departments gave it up since it is a bit caustic to plastics...but I
only heard that as a rumor.  Is this true, and if I have shot a bunch of
it inside my rigs, any thoughts on what to do next?

Clark
WA3JPG