[TenTec] No xmit?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] No xmit?
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A Calvin)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 17:17:10 -0500
Just started in NAQP and am having a repeat of a problem I saw in the
RTTY NAQP that I thought was antenna-related.  It's not.  Hoping someone
can point me in the right direction since finding my way through the VI+
manual in a hurry is not netting me any results.  My Omni VI+, Nov '97
vintage, has a problem where, intermittently, it will lose transmit.
Sidetone continues to operate, and (at least a couple of weeks ago) Tune
would output full power while transmit would not.  It has worked in
between, but about 30 minutes into the NAQP CW, power out dropped to zero
again.  I tried cycling the power supply (nil), and the heat sink is
barely warm (unlike in the RTTY!).  Any suggestinos of where to start?  I
can't even find which board does the TR switching...

        73,  Duane
Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas

http://home.austin.rr.com/ac5aa