[TenTec] Argo 516 questions and answers...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo 516 questions and answers...
From: timcook@erinet.com (Your Name)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:46:05 -0400
I asked Ten Tec a couple of questions about the 516 that I could not
find the answers to on their web page and thought I would relay them
here for those who might have had the same questions.

1. Does it have DSP auto-notch and noise reduction (nr)?
   answer: No
2. Is it capable of computer control?
   answer: technically yes, but there are no plans to produce software
3. Does it have passband tuning
   answer: yes

I am a little surprised that a "DSP" radio would not have auto-notch or
nr, I would have thought it would have been a relatively simple feature
to add to a DSP controlled radio.  I expect third party folks will
attempt to develop software to control it. I asked the passband tuning
question simply because I could not identify a control for it on the
pictures I saw of it. I operate my Jupiter at qrp levels mostly and
have been trying to decide if I should get a Argo 516 instead. Right
now, I don't know.....
73
Tim
NZ8J