[TenTec] FS Paragon

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS Paragon
From: w5cia@arrl.net (Amateur Radio Station W5CIA)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:37:30 -0500
OK guys here we go....
I had this radio sold to a ham in Japan. I decided one last time to hook it
up to make sure all was OK before spending $110 to ship. Shipping back from
Japan would not be practical for a small problem. The "Murphy Law" now steps
in. The VFO tuning rate starts to slow and eventually comes to a complete
stop. I posted this problem on the reflector and would be glad to share the
problem and his money returned.
Now the dilemma: What to do with the Paragon. I can send it Ten Tec and pay
shipping both ways plus parts and labor and then try to resell the radio OR
I can offer it up here "AS IS" for some of you gurus to have one more thing
to play with in your spare time.
Here are the known problems:
VFO problem stated above

Electrical wear on the keypad (you know the deal, press 1 and enters twice
press 2 and it won't enter, press 2 again and enters twice) This is just an
example some of the #'s function fine.

Very seldom the processor locks up and you just press the reset button(
maybe 4 times a year this happens)

I listening to offers starting at $100.00 + shipping.

I'm not sure what the protocol is on the reflector about multiple responses
for a sale so you may want to email me direct.

Thanks
Steve
W5CIA
DXCC 332 Current Phone