[TenTec] Software driven rigs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Software driven rigs
From: mnewell1@austin.rr.com (Michael A. Newell, WB4HUC)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:29:51 -0500
You're absolutely right. Being able to fix problems with the
rig by a software download is a hundred times better than
sending it back, but...that doesn't mean the software shouldn't
already be tested and ready to go before we get it.

I spend my work week testing software and answering
customer problems, so I'm very familiar with the whole
concept, and the software vendor (or radio manufacturer)
should find these things before it gets into the customer's
hands.

If you develop some sort of testing methodology, even
if it's fifty steps long, and go through each and every step
each and every time you update the software, you can
catch all but the most obscure problems before they leave
the factory. It's simply a a matter of consistency and
repitition.

IMHO

73,

Mike - WB4HUC