[TenTec] PTO grease

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PTO grease
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:16:05 -0700 (PDT)
There is actually a wide variety of different grease
types used throughout agriculture, some of it is
totally worthless for this application and would gum
up the VFO from the start. So if you do go this route
choose carefully.

The main criteria for selecting a particular grease is
choosing something that won't attack the plastics and
other materials but is also one that isn't as prone to
drying out.

And I'll bet many of you think that some of us are a
bit whacked for debating all those firmware issues;
but hey these older radios have "film-ware" issues of
their own ... ;).

Duane
N9DG

Steve Ellington n4lq@iglou.com Wrote:

Red axel grease is used on farm tractors and wheel
bearings. This is no
doubt what they use. If we could find some that
doesn't dry out, it would
solve the whole problem.
Steve Ellington N4LQ.