[TenTec] Argonaut review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut review
From: beemoe@sympatico.ca (Wayne Montague/Ann Beattie)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:50:19 -0400
Caitlyn Martin wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:24:29 +0000
> "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > The first Argonaut review is on eham:
> >
> > http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2353#15793
> >
> Hi, Rob,
>
> I respect that this review is an honest first impression, and a very
> favorable one at that....

Hi Caity and all -

Well, its nice to see a review at last regardless. I too have
suffered from the euphoria of a new radio purchase. My worst
case of "egg on the face" was an SG2020. The song I sung 3
months after I first got it was a near complete reversal from
the early days of the relationship.

I find the eHam reviews of Ten Tec equipment are the least
reliable. Post a less than thrilling review and three or four
people just *have* to go into damage control and post 5's on top
of the 2 or 3 that was given. For some reason a negative comment
must be fudged over by subsequent reviews. I don't know why some
owners are compelled to do this. Owning a certain manufacturers
equipment (be it Icom, Ten Tec or Trio) is not a religion.  If
the equipment (generic comment) is as good as claimed it should
be able to stand on its own, warts and all, disgruntled and
disappointed owners and all.

Its the 3's and 4's that are the most valuable for helping me
make a decision, and 'probably' indicate a more measured,
balanced and mature evaluation than either of the extremes.

Wayne
VE3EFJ