[TenTec] Receivability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Receivability
From: ascanand@harris.com (Scanandoah, Alan)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:25:08 -0500
Over the weekend, I handed out a few random points for CQWW.  Not being much of
an SSB op, I found the wall-to-wall cacophony to be difficult to deal with.

This prompted me to do some A/B checks to see if one rig could hear better than
another; I compared my Omni V to my Omni A.  Surprisingly, even though the Omni
A is lacking in the IF selectivity department, I found it much easier to pick
out signals.  The overall product at the speaker just seemed to be much more
readable.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

73 - Al, K2ZN