[TenTec] World's first transatlantic digi voice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] World's first transatlantic digi voice
From: ascanand@harris.com (Scanandoah, Alan)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:40:28 -0500
It's not the digital waveforms that are the problem, it's the implementation
thereof.  The first one that comes to mind is Pactor III, which has been making
a mess of the 14060 kHz region.

>From what I can tell, the ARQ scheme absolutely will not give up until all data
is passed, regardless of how long it takes.  Since this mode is frequently run
in an unattended manner, the QRM that's generated can get unbearable.

At least with DV, an operator would typically be sitting right there at the mic.

Al, K2ZN