[TenTec] Omni VI+ and Corsair II receive

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ and Corsair II receive
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sun Feb 2 13:45:58 2003
Tim:

Actually the opposite.  The Paragon uses several PLL's but the Omni VI+ is
crystal mixing.  It has the lowest noise of any of them.  The DSP does a
wonderful job of noise reduction and killing heterodynes.  It does
contribute to somewhat of a "digital" sound in the receive audio.  The
Paragon, being all analog, give a nice warm sound.

In my book, I don't find any radio any better, for any price than the Omni
VI+.

73
Bob, K4TAX