[TenTec] Dear Scott & Ten-Tec ... "Thanks!"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Dear Scott & Ten-Tec ... "Thanks!"
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Tue Feb 4 18:02:17 2003
Dear Scott & Ten-Tec ...

Just wanted to stop for a moment and say "THANKS" ...

Thanks for being willing enough to create something different and better ...
Thanks for the guts to put quality before cash flow ... and show patience.

Thanks for being so open and honest on such a forum as this.
Thanks for showing the way as to really thinking outside of the box ...

Thanks for being willing to consider the input from users in your designs.
Thanks for the technical knowledge your staff has proved over the years.

Thanks for being willing for visits to the factory and use the gear first.
Thanks for providing the "Open House" on an annual basis there each year ...

Personally Scott, thanks for the measurable differences that your company
has accomplished as to raising the bar there since you came on board.

It's rather sad how quickly some jump from the "swear by, to the swear at"
mindset on here. I know that you will not get distracted by the QRM/QRN
level, instead you and your team there will keep tweaking and getting ALL of
the various NEW Ten-Tec products to the standards that your organization
continues to strive for.

Thanks for all of the face to face communications, the email contacts, and
even the occasional QSO too over the years. Tho we don't always agree
on the nitty details, I have no doubt in your confidence to bring the right
product to the right market, and at the right time.

While the main gear here does not have "the dots" at present, in the future
it might based on some of the new products you have in the pipestream there.
Ever since you began the conversation on the concept of the Orion, it's been
quite interesting to see a possible dream move into a present reality

I look forward to seeing the reality of what those new products can add to
the enjoyment of this 'hobby' we term amateur radio.

Oh, and tell Bill, W4AN thanks also for providing this forum for those who
have past, present, and/or future interest in Ten-Tec equipment ... as well
as the list moderator, who did a great job of keeping things going while
the board's software package was changed over recently too!

Very 73,

Billy AA4NU ... <nope guys, sorry I am not on any 'waiting list' either>