[TenTec] playing with the Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] playing with the Corsair II
From: tlogan7@cox.net (tlogan7@cox.net)
Date: Wed Feb 5 16:28:11 2003
Hi all -
  While searching for an Omni VI+ or option 3, I must confess I cannot help
playing with the Corsair II. The little critter has no frills but sure a lot of
character. Hard not to tinker, study the boards, etc. Geez those people made
rigs easy to check out didn't they?
  Anyway,I remember in the Omni V it was not uncommon for people to put a pair
of 2.8 Inrads in to widen up the SSB - depending on the ops taste.
  I'm not a 100% clear on the corsair II filtering scheme as to whether this
would create a problem in the Corsair II - to swap a 2.8 for a 2.4 or if it
would affect my primary mode of cw negatively. I get the impression from Ten
Tec that it is not a good idea, but am not clear of the reasoning. Any help out
there on this one?
  Also, did I read somewhere that the Corsairs were prone to throwing off a
little RF in the shack or am I way off track - wrong pew, wrong church?

Thanks folks.
73/Tim