[TenTec] Public Opinion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Public Opinion
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu Feb 6 10:45:53 2003
On Tuesday, February 4, 2003, at 05:14 PM, Cellobrown@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Clark:
>
> Just want to say Happy New Year, much belated, to you and Belinda and
> Hannah.
>
> All well here,

Hi Charlie.

Glad to hear from you.  I get so darned busy with what I think is
important that I forget to write to the really important people in my
life ...  my mistake!

Hannah is nearly 5 and she is currently here with me, its early morning,
and she's playing with some toys while I sip coffee and open my eyes,
hi.  Belinda teaches some courses at the University and she is having
fun with it.  I just had my 49th birthday, and though I feel some fear
about the changes of age, I am also feeling happy about what a good life
I have.  I run regularly (not quite as fast as I used to, but I do OK)
and go out with Belinda for "dates" (a new phenomena we decided we
should try out, sending Hannah to someone's house for a few hours).  I
have just bought a Yaesu FT 817, the little tiny QRP HF-UHF multimode
rig.  The rig is fun, I take it to local parks and throw a wire into the
trees, make QSO's on SSB.  A real thrill.  I am about to buy a small set
of paddles so I can go CW out there in the park easily.  I have a half
built Elecraft K2, but somehow, I lost steam when I ran into a problem
about a year ago, so it sits under my bench.  Come on over and solder it
up for me, will you?  Hi.

So, it might be a year or so since I suggested a schedule for CW QSO on
20.  Can we try it this weekend?  I've never heard your fist.  I did
some brass pounding for SKN last month and had a very nice time with my
old Navy flameproof key.

What does your weekend schedule look like?  I am flexible, especially in
the morning, but afternoons work (though you may have to listen for my 5
watt FT 817 from the park if it is a sunny day!)

Hear from cousin Jean at all?  I get some mail from Shalom, but we
haven't really talked for a while.

Clark
WA3JPG