[TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "Remember, it's a computer."
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Fri Mar 14 11:41:27 2003
This is not quite true.   It is NOT the "computer."   I have had Linux
systems going for months (some for years) with plenty of action and no
reset required.  It is NOT a "computer" problem as much as it is a
"system" problem (involves hardware, software and operating system
software) that can be solved - given some extra resources, of course.
It is a cost thing, often a laziness thing in the consumer software
world (imho), but here I am sure it is a cost / time tradeoff.   Fine
with many people, but not a fact of life.

Clark
WA3JPG