[TenTec] ORION

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION
From: nq5t@attbi.com (nq5t@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 21:39:56 2003
Finally got around to pluggin in the mic and attempting to transmit
on mine.  Doggone RS-35M power supply goes nuts at full
transmitter power, dropping voltage to the point that the screen
flashes like crazy and then the radio resets itself.  Bummer.

Don't know if it's RF (which I've never had a problem with in that
supply), or maybe the over-current trip is misadjusted, or maybe it
just needs to be replaced.  Doesn't seem to matter whether the rig
is driving an antenna in the yard, or the dummy load.

AAARG .... back to the drawing board

But the receiver sounds just fantastic.  It's even plays well on AM,
which is more than I can say for the Icom 781-thingy  it replaced

Grant