(Fwd) Re: [TenTec] Corsair versus Paragon?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: (Fwd) Re: [TenTec] Corsair versus Paragon?
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Fri Apr 18 17:04:37 2003
From:                   WA3FIY <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
To:                     Timothy.Urban@wc.ey.com
Subject:                Re: [TenTec] Corsair versus Paragon?
Send reply to:          wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date sent:              Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:22:49 -0400

On 17 Apr 2003 at 14:38, Timothy.Urban@wc.ey.com wrote:

> The Paragon initially received a fairly poor QST review due to alleged
> phase noise. A number of subsequent TT fixes appeased ARRL but the rig

As I recall, that problem was quickly fixed.

On the other hand, as the I recall, the Paragon turned in the
best two tone dynamic range the ARRL had reported up to the
time of the review, and since then few rigs have matched or
bettered the Paragon.   It's TT third order dynamic range was
over 100 db!   Not bad by any standard.  Blocking dynamic
range was very high as well.

I have three here, one as a lab instrument, one as a ham radio
transceiver and one probably for sale some day when I get
around to it.

Other than the well known solder failure in the PLL board, my
Paragons have been trouble free and they are bullet proof as
far as handling strong signals.

73 de Lee, WA3FIY
------- End of forwarded message ---------
73 de Lee,  WA3FIY