[TenTec] strange QRM/QRN/RFI source?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] strange QRM/QRN/RFI source?
From: wg6h@postoffice.pacbell.net (Bill Miner)
Date: Wed May 14 23:00:22 2003
Al,

DSL uses a number of frequency bands up to 3-4 Mhz.  I (good) telephone
cable pair is 600 ohms balanced and SHOULD not radiate.  The DSL at my
QTH has no detectable RFI on any frequency.

I would be looking for things such as "touch lamps", "wireless" LAN
units or any number of other consumer devices.  You mention that you
shut off the main breaker at your house.  Try doing the same at your
neighbors house (maybe when you know they are not home)!

Good Luck,
Bill - K6WLM