[TenTec] Fw: [Icom] IC-7800 intell

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: [Icom] IC-7800 intell
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Wed May 21 15:31:08 2003
Hello Rog.
    Consider the source!  If you are just looking at the outer skirt of the
knob - that may be a bit askew due to the way the tension adjust works.  The
tuning knob on the Orion is identical to those on the Omni VI, Jupiter, and
the remote pods.  Please do not let the knob situation give you the
impression that this is a craftsmanship issue because it definitely IS NOT!
I just went over to my Orion and gave both knobs a good spin and noticed NO
problems.  I have also not noticed any problem when using them for their
intended purpose.  I have had quite a few different Ten-Tec rigs and WOULD
NOT say that I have encountered any craftsmanship problems.  The rigs look
and work very well.
    It should NOT be surprising to see such comments on the ICOM reflector.
Just look at the types of ICOM comments here on the TEN-TEC reflector!   If
you are seriously thinking of getting an Orion PLEASE do so.  You will NOT
be disappointed!  AND - - - Do not forget about the 30 day risk-free trial
period.  (only "risk" is the shipping charge)     73,  Bill