[TenTec] Display fonts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Display fonts
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Fri May 23 17:09:12 2003
It would be unfortunate, indeed, if someone did NOT purchase an Orion
because of the screen fonts.  They would be missing out on a great rig!  I
never bothered looking at the display that closely because it provides me
with all the information I need.  Perhaps I should get out a magnifying
glass and examine the screen more closely.  I just MIGHT find one, or two,
pixels that are not displaying the same EXACT same shade as the others.
That would CERTAINLY be reason enough to send it back.
Actually I DID take my 17" LCD monitor back due to ONE bad pixel.
Unfortunately this particular pixel remained it the bright  "white"
condition AND was right in the middle of the screen! (impossible to ignore
THAT even though it was just one of millions.
OOPS!  Off topic alert!
The Orion is a great rig.  Let's talk about all the good things for a
change.  Scott is right!  No one ever made comments about the Jupiter
display fonts -why should this be an issue now?  While on that subject - the
remote pod, for the Jupiter, uses the same knob - as does the Omni VI - I do
not recall anyone complaining about these knobs before.  I do recall
questions about how to adjust the tension BUT not any complaints.  Perhaps
the Orion is so good that there is nothing else to complain about.  I am too
busy having fun with my Orion to seek out "problems".  I would like to ask
if anyone would like cheese to go along with their "whine" but that would
make me sound sarcastic AND believe it, or not, I am NOT trying to be
sarcastic!  Please do NOT take offense because none is intended.  I am just
expressing my opinion.