[TenTec] Re: Why Ethernet?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Why Ethernet?
From: w8kc@comcast.net (Paul Valko)
Date: Mon Jun 2 18:55:58 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Anderson" <k9iua@yahoo.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 5:55 PM

> Will we still have RADIOS when you guys are done
> adding the Ethernet and stuff?

No.

They should throw out the radio (welllllll... send it to me), get on
EchoLink and just get over it.

I make a pretty good living working on things like ethernet and some of that
wicky tick computer stuff.  For the life of me I cannot understand why
someone would want to control a radio with a freakin' computer.  Takes all
the fun out of it.

But that's the joy of this hobby... somethin' fer eve'yone.   Even an ol'
gasbag like me.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and Other Fine Plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc