[TenTec] Re: L net tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: L net tuners
From: vern@mantlelamp.com (Vern Kunes)
Date: Thu Jul 3 21:35:15 2003
If I remember right, the TT is series inductor, shunt capacitor. The TT 229
and 238 come with about a 500pf variable, and has the ability to switch in
approximately another 2500pf (and it may need more on 160, and that's why
they put the connection on the back for additional capacitance). Since I
haven't looked this up in a while, I could have it backwards, but here goes
anyway. If the impedance is low, the shunt fed component is fed. If the
impedance is high, the series component is fed. The TTs have provisions for
this. It will only match in one place, and that is the most efficient.
Wouldn't be without mine. although I am building a super "L", with a
8-1000pf vacuum variable, 3000pf of switch in additional capacitance, and a
28mh roller. If I ever get the time to finish it, then, and only then, will
I let my TT229 go. (The only reason I am building it is that I think that
everyone should have at least one major piece of equipment that they built
in the shack. This tuner will be mine.). Cheers.  Vern