[TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion
From: nq5t@comcast.net (Grant Youngman)
Date: Tue Jul 22 22:12:42 2003
> The latest review in eham concerns me. I wondering if there are others
> with a similar view.
>
> John N1JM

Presuming you're talking about the HUC review, I don't think you will
find many who share those opinions.  Note that they are not
"performance" issues, but a saddle burr about firmware updates.
And he did, unfortunately grab the black bean instead of the golden
ring, and apparently got a radio with some infant mortality issues.
But that could happen to anyone with anything at any price.  The
early firmware buggies of any significance have been fixed.  The
radio works exceptionally well.

The problem with that review from my myopic viewpoint is that it
describes one persons view of one point in time -- and that time has
past.  So it may be a recent review, but it's stale out of the gate.  It's
like using the Great Flood as an excuse to move to the  top of a hill

Heck, the Orion is just an all around exceptional radio ...

Maybe the rest of us who didn't let the early firmware bugs get us
down and out should take the time to post even a few simple
comments out there on eHam.

Grant/NQ5T