[TenTec] Omni-C & Spare Parts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-C & Spare Parts
From: mark.rauchfuss@worldnet.att.net (Mark Rauchfuss)
Date: Sun Aug 10 07:23:17 2003
I recently came into a good deal for an Omni-C, matching VFO and power supply
and so picked same up.

When the boxes were unpacked, I noticed a 2N2222 transistor (TO-5)  laying on
the floor. It has not been soldered into a board (leads not tinned) but perhaps
it was mounted on a socket (?). It obviously came out of one of the boxes.

The question I now have is where did it come from and what does it do? At the
present time, I don't have a manual for this station and would like to know
what this transistor does before I turn it on.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments very much appreciated.

73s,

Mark,