[TenTec] Verbal agreements, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Verbal agreements, etc.
From: "Scott Rosenfeld [N7JI]" <ham@w3eax.umd.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:49:07 -0400 (EDT)
Verbal agreements (and those done va e-mail) should be stated in
completely unambiguous terms.

"I wish to offer the following:   "

"With regard to your offer of ________, I accept."

"I cannot agree to the offer you have proposed; I hereby propose the
following counteroffer."

The key is to remove all ambiguity.

Remember "Three's Company?"  An entire 7-year run of half-hour sitcoms
based upon nothing more than a consistent string of misunderstandings.

Don't let your dealings become a sitcom :)

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, J. D. wrote:

>  When you ask for a preferred method of shipment, it means you are selling
> it to that person.  But, as I have seen so many times in the past, lawyers
> can bully people and pull these kinds of stunts because it would cost you a
> lot of money to take them to court and the time to defend themselves is
> literally free.  Lawyers have a leg up on the average Joe.  However, from
> what I've seen, you'll be looking down on them some day as they will be
> looking up at you if you know what I mean.  I hope lawyers like heat!
>
> :)
>
> Duffy
> www.wb8nut.com

Scott Rosenfeld  ARS N7JI
541-684-9970  Eugene, OR  Land o' much rain
If you find me on the air, I'm probably in my car
ham@w3eax.umd.edu  http://w3eax.umd.edu/~ham