[TenTec] Titan 425 for sale

To: "Ten Tec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan 425 for sale
From: "Dennis Wood" <denniswood@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:33:08 -0600
Gentlemen:

I recently purchased a group of radios, 2 amplifiers and lots of misc.
equipment from a young man who's dad has Alzheimer's and needed to be put into
full time care. Among the items I bought was a Ten Tec Titan 425 amp. I had
never seen one before, and didn't really know what I owned so I began to find
out all I could about it. I found this site and subscribed to it, and have been
keeping up with the daily postings. I wrote Todd, KD7EFQ after finding he had
recently purchased one, and Greg, K7KJ, attempting to buy a manual he had
listed some months ago, and ended up buying a manual and a high voltage cable
directly from Ten Tec. Both men were very helpful, and I appreciated their
quick response to my query. I have sweated blood wondering if this amp was
indeed a good one, I about fainted when I found out how much tubes were, but am
happy to report that I plugged everything in, checked and double checked all
the instructions in the manual, and am happy to report that the amp. does just
as it should. I have no info. as to tube ages or hours used, but everything I
bought so far has been in excellent condition. I want to keep the Yaesu FT-767
that was a part of this deal, but cannot afford or justify keeping as fine an
amp as the Titan is. I have a Heathkit SB221 that does all I need, I'm content
to "rag chew" on occasion.

The reason I have gone into such detail describing how I acquired this amp is
because I see how suspicious some are toward sellers. I understand, this is not
a small purchase. I have to say that I was thankful that Todd was able to sell
his Centurion.

I'm offering this amp for sale for $1350.00 plus shipping & insurance. I will
of course include a "brand new" manual, and high voltage cable. Hi Hi! I
suspect that selling this amp will be one of my deep regrets during future
conversations on the radio, but really don't have a choice. I will be happy to
answer all questions honestly and as intelligently as I can, and will provide
plenty of pictures, etc. Please e-mail me directly with questions, or feel free
to call at 505-598-1441.

73 & 75 de Dennis Wood, KD5SZW