Re: Orion was ( [TenTec] Hercules III / Mark Erbaugh)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Orion was ( [TenTec] Hercules III / Mark Erbaugh)
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:47:45 -0500
Simple.  The "others" with the color display are in the $3K class.  To me
that says they have a $2000 radio and a $1000 display with the stuff to
drive it.

The Orion is a $3300 radio and if one adds a color display then it becomes a
$4300 radio.  In a word........MARKETING.....

No the color display doesn't hurt the receiver or transmitter performance
but it does put it in a different value class. So to have the whistles and
bells color display, costs must be cut.  Guess where.  In the radio
performance and technology.

73
Bob, K4TAX