Re: [TenTec] Jupiter + Studio One microphone settings

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter + Studio One microphone settings
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 11:31:27 -0400
John,

If you look at the schematic for the Pegasus (so I assume the Jupiter as
well), the front and rear inputs go through identical input circuitry so
that there is no advantage to one over the other (other than whichever one
is more convenient for your particular setup). It's not like other radios
where the rear panel input bypasses the rigs audio processing and goes
straight to the balanced modulator.

I wasn't aware that the output audio going to the rear connector was any
different than the headphone output (other than level).

73,
Mark