RE: [TenTec] Choice of rigs for contests

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Choice of rigs for contests
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:55:00 -0500
Rob,

I went from an Omni D to a Jupiter and now the Orion.  If you have operated
other Ten-Tec rigs, they are very similar since the same engineering
concepts carry forward.  I just bought a 706MKIIG, my first low band
Japanese rig in 47 years.  I am still trying to figure it out.  The approach
is different.  It is going to take some time.  The same would apply if you
switch from a Yeacomwood to a Ten-Tec.

John