Re: [TenTec] Orion freezes due to RFI??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion freezes due to RFI??
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:43:39 -0500
Jason Buchanan wrote:

Regarding the beads, 2 turns won't do much, 3 is better, 4 is very nice. I have 4 beads in total. Problem eliminated.

I should probably mention that on 40 meters my monitor gets a little brighter when I key up on CW and my wife's computer mouse goes wild but the dipole isn't very far away so the near-field effect is in full force on that band.

But even with these horrible RF conditions i'm in the internal speaker or headphones do not experience/create problems. The beads eliminated the problem for the external speaker.