Re: [TenTec] Headphone clicks

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphone clicks
From: "Larry Rockfield" <w6ub@nxs.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:00:28 -0500
> Add a 100 ohm resistor in the headphone plug in series with the common
> headphone ground.  This will desensitize the headphones enough to allow
you
> to run a higher audio gain and drown out the click.

Carl this issue has been around for months.  I would like for TT to resolve
this problem internally along with the transmit lock-up that randomly occurs
while the sweep is activated.

If a 100 Ohm resistor is the "real" fix, one wonders why they are not
installing the resistor prior to shipping Orions today.  My Heil Pro-set
Plus has the click.  My Sony MDR-V6 has the click.  I wonder which
headphones are immuned.

Larry W6UB