Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review
From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 17:51:34 -1000
Yuri wrote,  in part:

> If the radio is meant for serious contesters then it better
> satisfy their requirements rather than "likes" of TT cult fanatics.

Hmmm,  strange then that Scott,  W4PA was able to WIN
one of the categories of the just past CQ WW CW contest;
and he used TWO Orions.  Bet he was not dealing with
"clicks" in the headphones,  or weird "jump/thumps" in
his tuning about to rack up a very high CW score,  including
some very weak signals among the strong -- else he would
not have gotten such a high score!

Further,  K1CC used my Orion here on Kauai in the 10 meter
contest,  CW only.  He had no such problems and he was
using my Radio Shack headphones,  of all such,  hi!
His only parting comment was he wished for faster RIT action.
I was not agile enough to know about that during the 'test,  or
could have speeded same up via the menu system,  oh well.
BTW,  Rich,  K1CC told me he had never even seen an
Orion before that Saturday!  Not sure,  in fact,  if he ever used
a Ten Tec at any of the big multi-multi contest stations at
which he has participated.  Know he didn't back in '96
over at the big KH7R multi-multi on Oahu;  Ken has all
Yaesu's over there at that time as I recall.

Odd that contesters are not here reporting that they couldn't
make good score because of this torent of Orion short comings
reported here these past few days.

Maybe you just need to learn how to use an Orion.....?
However,  non-familiarity didn't hold K1CC back.

73,  Jim  KH7M