Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 01:59:00 EST
In a message dated 12/26/03 11:15:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jimr.reid@verizon.net writes:
>>That is my only point as you raised the issue seemingly
implying that contesters could not possible do well on CW
with the Orion in its' present state.<<

Not at all,
but they could do better by having PTT control and fine tuned timing. Saves
relays, less tiring, QSK mostly not needed. Just survey top ten contesters and
find out what they use, QSK or PTT? I bet some would use even foot switch, but
that is largely redundant now with computer controlled contest station,
that's why there is programmable timing for PTT/keying/voice.

Can someone explain what is the benefit of turning PTT line into CW keying
line on the mike connector in CW mode? I don't send CW with my foot (switch).

You want to hear opinions and suggestions for improvement? They are
available. Are you perfectly happy with whatever rig, then you are all set and
no need
to read our "bitching."

This arguing that so and so won the contest with that rig as a "proof" of
superiority is not very "scientific" measure of rig's performance. Who said
that
"could not possibly do well"? As I said, I "did well" with IC730 and Inverted
Vee, so why bother with Orion? Lets get real!

Yuri