RE: [TenTec] Boosting contesting scores by cheating via aid ofcomputer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Boosting contesting scores by cheating via aid ofcomputer
From: John Rippey <w3uls@3n.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 08:34:26 -0500
Yes, Rick, so it seems from the photos that appear on contesting.com. But . . .

I was privileged to sit next to K1SE at K4JA's QTH some time ago during a CW contest and I listened with a second set of headphones as he picked out of the noise signals I could barely hear and turned them into a legitimate QSO using his ears only. Then he'd use a paddle to confirm, even though he had a keyboard in front of him. What skill!

I loved it.

John, W3ULS

Jason, what planet have you been living on?

I'm only guessing but I doubt if any class in any major contest
has been won by anyone NOT using a computer to send CW for at
least 10 years now.

73
Rick