Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] K2/100, Orion review
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:08:38 EST
In a message dated 12/27/03 3:27:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bob@cytanet.com.cy writes:
>>One other thing......my comments and critiscisms of the product are made
because I happen to believe the Orion may potentially be the best
contest radio available.  That is why I have spent $4500 to acquire
one.  I wouldn't waste words on the majority of radios in the market
because not even a miracle could make them what I want for my station.

What I don't understand is why some of  you folks react to reasonable
observation and critiscism as if we've just told you your baby is ugly!<<

It is the cult thing. Be ready for flames. You can try to 'splain, educate,
but you will not convince some that their baby is really ugly :-)

We will see if TenTec will address the comments and suggestions from
contesters, and become #1 radio, or will continue things as usual. Rare
opportunity,
should not be missed.

One thing should be realized, that contesters are the ones buying high end
radios, you will find at least two, more like 5 radios in a contester's shack.
Who you gona listen to, those with multitude of radios or those with lifetime
savings invested in one box used for that Sunday QSK ragchew or traffic net
operator.

Back to finish the review.

73  Yuri, oK3BU