Re: [TenTec] Orion on RTTY?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion on RTTY?
From: Bob Henderson <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 12:18:26 +0000
Jim

I haven't got as far as using the Orion on RTTY yet, though it won't be long before I do. I'll be happy to give you my thoughts then, but for now I can tell you that there should be no problem at all in this regard, as unlike the Omni VI the Orion's primary filtering is all achieved through IF DSP. When FSK is selected the DSP filter c/f is automatically shifted to be "high tones" centred.

73 & VHNY

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F

Jim McDonald wrote:

I am curious if anyone has tried an Orion on RTTY (FSK) and how well the DSP
filtering works.  I'm remembering when I had an OMNI VI / Option 3 and had
to have a special RTTY crystal filter, which wasn't a plus (no pun intended)
as far as I was concerned, as it took a precious slot just for that mode.

Thanks,

Jim N7US