Re: [TenTec] Help with Scout 555

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help with Scout 555
From: Don Little <ve6ci@cablerocket.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 07:19:12 -0700
Bob

Thanks to all those who replied to my post on the Scout. everybody that replied said the tuning is normal. The main tuning knob is stiff but not extremely hard to tune. I guess I was comparing it to other rigs I have owned.

Happy New Year.

Don/VE6CI

Bob Stephens wrote:

Don,

What do you mean by "very" when you say "very stiff"? The PTO knob in my Scout is stiffer than the PTO knob on my Corsair. I guess it's made that way for stability in mobile and portable use. If the knob is actually hard to turn, then you have a problem.

73 Bob, KB1CIW