Re: [TenTec] Off topic: Paul's wire loop antenna report ground wave

To: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Off topic: Paul's wire loop antenna report ground wave
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 03:02:43 +0000
Paul, you'd better flood your property with salt water, put up a 1/2 wave helical thingy, operate pactor and enjoy your 5 watt "ground wave" on 2 meters. I'd like for someone to please explain to me why TV and FM broadcast stations on VHF put their antennas up 1000 feet or more if they have a ground wave to work with, and why they disappear into the noise when I drive away over the horizon from them. Where's their ground wave?

Cheers,

Rob/K5UJ