Re: [TenTec] Thoughts about the "Windom" or OCF antenna

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Thoughts about the "Windom" or OCF antenna
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:16:33 EST
K5KVH> With all due respect to Sinisa, I would trust the L. B. Cebik
modeling;

Me too, if I was designing "paper" antennas.

Caution to antenna modeling cult followers: it ain't exactly in real life as
it is on the paper as produced by modeling software. Modeling programs are a
great tool, but far from perfect. We see proliferation of super antenna designs
too many times taken as a gospel. In reality there are more variables that
models don't see and limitations in modeling certain situations. There seems to
be whole new army of "antenna experts" based on modeling, be very critical in
swallowing their designs.

Yuri, K3BU