Re: More Re: [TenTec] Orion redefines the meaning of ... AGC OFF

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: More Re: [TenTec] Orion redefines the meaning of ... AGC OFF
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:22:52 -0600
> You will never know what you missed when it was weaker than the
> threshold of the internal noise. Subjectively you find it better,
> quieter, easier to read receiver, there is no argument with that. But
> if K2 or few other radios can hear weak signals (based on K6SE A/B
> tests) then there is a room for improvement.

Not sure why we keep going back to those "tests".  Even John Devoldere
very politely did what he could to try and debunk that particular urban
legend in his Orion review.

Like the tale that Mr. Rogers wore long sleaved sweaters because his
arms were covered with tattoos from his days as a Navy Seal, some
legends just won't die :-)

Grant/NQ5T