Re: [TenTec] Orion ALC

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion ALC
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:04:59 EST
Barry

I am running a Quadra and so far no problems except that you get about 650
watts out on low instead of 500 and about 1200 on high.  I guess it is because
the 100 watts drive from the Orion (I actually get about 125 on some bands) is
not being knocked down by an ALC connection to what the Quadra expects.

I do not know if this is causing a problem on SSB as I only run CW.  Since
the Quadra depends on ALC to set the drive level, you might find you have to
reduce the drive on the Orion manually to stay clean.

Radio k4ia
Craig "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA