Re: More Re: [TenTec] Orion redefines the meaning of ... AGC OFF

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: More Re: [TenTec] Orion redefines the meaning of ... AGC OFF
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 21:08:07 -0000
Same test with Orion at 28.6 mhz and preamp off.  Large difference in
background noise with antenna connected verses not connected.  The Orion has
more than enough overall gain.  And by the way, I am at a very quiet
location out in the country here.  I am using my 8 element log periodic at
22 meters for the antenna for this test.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC