[TenTec] WIDEBAND

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] WIDEBAND
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:15:02 +0000
<<<SSB WAS DESIGNED TO BE A NARROW BAND WIDTH MODE OF TRANSMISSION. IF YOU HAVE
THE NEED TO BE "WIDE" THEN OPERATE AM OR FM>>>

What a great idea--I can feed the balanced modulator on my TS-850 directly and generate low level AM at near 95% modulation, drive my Centurion to about 250 w. carrier and wind up with excellent 6 KHz wide AM that is almost indistinguishable from the good old plate modulated type. And here I was messing around with 3200 hz wide SSB. Now I can really hog up the band. Thanks for the tip!!

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ