Re: [TenTec] v1369 ??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] v1369 ??
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:37:14 EST
Looks like we are continuing to see issues because the CPU is to slow. It
looks like to me we may need a faster CPU in the Orion. It may just not be
enough
power to do the job intended.

Not using features of the radio is fine for the short term, until the
software can (hopefully be adjusted), but, it is not an acceptable long term
solution.

If the CPU performance requirements were underestimated by the design team at
TT, I for one, would expect them to do free updates to the radio at some
point, replacing the CPU with one that will do the job.

Meanwhile 'The oxen is slow, but the earth is patient'

73,
Lee