Re: [TenTec] v1369 ??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] v1369 ??
From: "K Van Horn" <W7SV@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:37:17 -0600
Hi Richard,

Glad that you are enjoying your new ORION!!

Some of the buttons can inadvertantly be depressed when plugging/unplugging
the headphone or key jack into the front panel. I am not saying that this is
what happened, just merely pointing out a possibility, as the ANT and VFO
pushbuttons are located in the proximal vacinity of the jacks. IF this is
what happened, and I have no idea that it is, and the USER1 or USER2 button
is the one that gets gets inadvertantly activated, all hell can break loose!

I usually run my sweep at 36 KHZ span as it seems to give better visual
resolution to these old eyes of mine, and should consume less processor
power, in that the amount of information being processed is reduced by a
factor of 2, allowing the radio processors to function more efficiently in
other radio housekeeping functions.

Hope this helps!

73 es Gud DX,

Kirby, W7SV