Re: [TenTec] ORION and USB/COM adapter ?

To: <dh0ghu@dh0ghu.de>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION and USB/COM adapter ?
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:22:31 -0000
Hi Ulrich

I'm fortunate to have 2 serial ports with the pc,
and use a Byte Runner card, giving me a total
of 4. I don't know much about the USB to
Serial adapters, but here is some good reading
on Don, AA5AU's web site about the subject.

http://www.aa5au.com/usb.html

I've had good luck with the Byte Runner card
(using XP Pro here) and some have had good
luck with the USB adapters, but it appears
some work and some have had problems.

Good luck...73, Mike K9MI