RE: [TenTec] ORION and USB/COM adapter ?

To: dh0ghu@dh0ghu.de, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] ORION and USB/COM adapter ?
From: Paul Henning <paul@amtelco.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:17:28 -0600
Try www.quatech.com they make the adapters you mention. Or better yet they
make a series of PCI boards which add four or more serial ports to the PC.
Most USB adapters are iffy at best. Some work some don't. When they do work
there can be big latency problems. The Quatech PCI boards work flawlessly if
you remember to select the setting for the port clock speed multiplier as
being 1X. There is a problem with the super speed settings in that MOST TT
software including Carl's software do not seem to set the high order baud
rate bits correctly to enable allow for the high speed clocks. Other then
this problem I have used the Quatech boards with TT software, N4PY software,
a Pegasus, a Jupiter, Logger 16, Logger 32, Logic7, and several rotator
controllers.

73
Paul N. Henning
K9PH