Re: [TenTec] SGC filter/Argo V?

To: jcasey@notes.cc.sunysb.edu,"tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SGC filter/Argo V?
From: John Farler <jfarler@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 13:07:50 -0500
Thanks, Jeff,
I am 99% interested in CW noise reduction, in the shack and
mobile.  I am disappointed in the NB function of the rig,
compared to other Ten-Tecs I have had, even that of the Scout,
which I traded in due to its frequency jump.

Your info is helpful, and I will consider the SGC device, but
it's kinda expensive to add to an already high priced (for the
power out) rig.
Your idea of not opening the case is a good one, and the
SGC device might be useful for other rigs.  I have an external
DSP unit from Timewave, which is a good unit, but it is too
large for mobile use.  I think I will see what it does on
the Argo V before deciding, though.

I wonder if anyone has compared the SCG ADSP2 with the Timewave
59+ (or is it 599) unit re noise reduction?

Thanks for the insight.

73, John, K4AVX